Thursday, April 29, 2010

Roadie OST (1980)


I love this movie...it's one of my favorite comedies of the 1980s, and at long last I tracked down the soundtrack. Not only does it contain tracks by one of my favorite bands, Cheap Trick, but also has a bad-ass cover of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" performed by Blondie...
Plus, there's the always enjoyable Asleep at the Wheel and Jerry Lee Lewis doin' the rockin' :Hot Damn, I'm A One Woman Man"
Track Listing:

01 Cheap Trick - Everything Works If You Let It
02 Pat Benatar - You Better Run
03 Joe Ely Band - Brainlock
04 Alice Cooper - Road Rats
05 Teddy Pendergrass - Can't We Try
06 Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
07 Stephen Bishop & Yvonne Elliman - Your Precious Love
08 Jay Ferguson - A Man Needs A Woman
09 Styx - Crystal Ball
10 Sue Saad & The Next - Double Yellow Line
11 Blondie - Ring of Fire
12 Alice Cooper - Pain
13 Roy Orbison & Emmylou Harris - That Lovin' Feelin' Again
14 Jerry Lee Lewis - (Hot Damn) I'm a One Woman Man
15 Hank Williams, Jr. - The American Way
16 Asleep At the Wheel - Texas, Me and You
17 [Bonus] Alice Cooper - Only Women Bleed
18 [Bonus] Cheap Trick - Gonna Raise Hell
19 [Bonus] B-52s - Dance This Mess Around
20 [Bonus] Roy Orbison & Hank Williams - The Eyes Of Texas

Download Link

3 comments:

Matracas said...

I have one word for you WOW! I have tried hunting this soundtrack down for decades. Back in the 80's & 90's there was no internet and living in Mexico made it a bit difficult to find a record store that actually had a copy of this (If it would have been transfered to CD it wouldn't have been such a problem). Ths album was never edited in Mexico as the movie never made it to the theatres here and being 12 years old at the time, I couldn't just get on a bus to take me across the border to go see a movie also, back then movies took 6 to 8 months to be shown here so imagine my wait for months and then find out the movie would never be shown here. Thanks again.

Robert M. Lindsey said...

Dang, download link gone. I REALLY want to hear Blonde do Ring of Fire. Oh, it's on YouTube.
RetroHound.com

Mary K. O'Keefe said...

Hi! I just stumbled across this post because I'm searching for the song "Eyes of Texas" performed by Roy Orbison and Hank Williams Jr. I cannot find it anywhere!!! Is there any chance you could re-post that song? I would be so grateful!