I was bored, so I figured it was time for another compilation EP, this time centering on tunes of a country and western bent that have subtle science fiction undertones or just outright connections to the genre....
Contained on this disc are the following:
- The 1978 Tom T. Hall oddity (a favorite of mine), "May the Force Be With You Always"
- "The Ballad of Serenity", the opening theme to Firefly
- "Guitar, Cadillacs, etc.," by Dwight Yoakam, which appeared in the barroom scene (containing a nekkid Ah-nold) from Terminator 2: Judgement Day
- "The Cave", a tune near and dear to my heart, whose lyrics play out like some oddball country and western version of a "Twilight Zone" episode. Plus, it was performed by a relative of mine, second cousin Johnny Paycheck (of "Take This Job and Shove It" fame).
- "Benson, Arizona", a tight little ditty penned by director John Carpenter for his debut film, Dark Star.
- and, finally..."That Silver-Haired Daddy of Mine", performed by Gene Autry, from the Mascot cliffhanger serial, The Phantom Empire (1936).
Download Link (Hosted By MediaFire)