Sunday, February 24, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
So, here, finally, is Hillbillys In A Haunted House: the Unauthorized Motion Picture Soundtrack
01 That's One Bridge I've Never Crossed- Ferlin Huskey
02 I Got Into the Wrong House Again Last Night-Don "Jeepers" Bowman
03 Part Time Lover- Boots Malone
04 Swinging Doors-Merle Haggard
05 Strangers- Marcella Wright
06 Hello Shoes- Jim Kents
07 The Minute You're Gone- Sonny James
08 Sonny James - The Cat Came Back
09 Gowns-Joi Lansing
10 Someone Told My Story- Merle Haggard
11 Heartbreak USA- Molly Bee
12 Opening-Jamboree- Lansing Huskey
13 Swinging Doors- Merle Haggard (album cut)
14 Someone Told My Story- Merle Haggard (album cut)
Download Link (Hosted By RapidShare)
Thursday, February 14, 2008
One of my favorite cult films, and a great primer into the California punk scene of the early 1980s...
The soundtrack features now-classic punk rock tracks by Black Flag, the Circle Jerks, Suicidal Tendencies, Iggy Pop and others. Producer Mike Nesmith has a small cameo role (a mock TV commercial taken from his video production Elephant Parts).
It was meant to capture an angry spirit and features a collection of punk bands of the time.
- "Repo Man" performed by Iggy Pop – 5:11
- "TV Party" performed by Black Flag – 3:50
- "Institutionalized" performed by Suicidal Tendencies – 3:49
- "Coup d'Etat" performed by The Circle Jerks – 1:59
- "El Clavo y la Cruz" performed by The Plugz – 2:56
- "Pablo Picasso" performed by Burning Sensations – 4:01
- "Let's Have a War" performed by Fear – 2:29
- "When the Shit Hits the Fan" performed by The Circle Jerks – 3:11
- "Hombre Secreto (Secret Agent Man)" performed by The Plugz [Spanish] – 1:46
- "Bad Man" performed by Juicy Bananas – 4:59
- "Reel Ten" performed by The Plugz – 3:09
Saturday, February 9, 2008
My first exposure to this little audio treasure as a child was via a neighbor kid, who owned a copy of this vinyl, which I finally bought years later in my teens when his mother was having a yardsale. Interestingly enough, due to the fact that I didn't own a turntable that worked at the time, I never got to listen to it, and it's one of those curious things from my teens that disappeared during my divorce.
A company whose name escapes me at the moment re-released it on audio cassette as a quick cash-in on the 1998 Tri-Star movie...I purchased a copy then...and, I honestly believe I've never listened to that copy, either.
It wasn't until about three years ago, when I ran across yet another vinyl copy of it did I actually finally get the chance to listen to it again after about 20 years, and surprisingly it still holds up...
It's a fun slice of late 1970s children's audio...with what I believe to be Herb Trimpe artwork on the cover swiped from the first issue of the Marvel Comics Godzilla series from around the same period this album was produced....
01 Godzilla Versus Amphibion
02 Godzilla Versus The Alien Invasion
Download Link (Hosted by Megaupload)
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Godzilla is a great love of mine. His cinematic adventures brought me great joy as a child, and continue to do so to this day...
I've equated it with the type of love and admiration that one feels for professional wrestlers, especially those not old enough to understand the concept of "kayfabe" (the suspension of disbelief that exists within the fandom of the sport, i.e., it's not staged...it's real) that drew me to the Toho Titan as a kid.
- Godzilla Approaches (Sound Effects) (0:49)
- Godzilla Main Title (1:31)
- Ship Music/Sinking of Eikou-Maru (1:06)
- Sinking of Bingou-Maru (0:23)
- Anxieties on Ootojima Island (0:50)
- Ootojima Temple Festival (1:21)
- Stormy Ootojima Island (1:53)
- Theme for Ootojima Island (0:34)
- Japanese Army March I (0:42)
- Horror of the Water Tank (0:42)
- Godzilla Comes Ashore (1:52)
- Godzilla’s Rampage (2:25)
- Desperate Broadcast (1:12)
- Godzilla Comes to Tokyo Bay (1:25)
- Intercept Godzilla (1:27)
- Tragic Sight of the Imperial Capital (2:18)
- Oxygen Destroyer (3:11)
- Prayer for Peace (2:48)
- Japanese Army March II (0:21)
- Godzilla at the Ocean Floor (6:20)
- Ending (1:41)
- Godzilla Leaving (Sound Effects) (1:04)
- Main Title (Film Version) (2:03)
- First Landing (Film Version) (3:37)
- Tokyo in Flames (Film Version) (2:17)
- Last Assault (Film Version) (2:21)
Saturday, February 2, 2008
So, for our first installment of Elvis in Hollywood, the soundtrack EP for 1962's Kid Galahad, one of my favorite of the King's cinematic adventures...
01- King of the Whole Wide World
02- This Is Living
03- Riding The Rainbow
04- Home Is Where The Heart Is
05- I Got Lucky
06- A Whistling Tune
Download Link (Hosted By Megaupload)